Spreuk van de Maand

Spreuk van de Maand

vrijdag 23 maart 2012

Postcard Challenge 12

This week Darcy decided to send us to Israel.
The first thing I thought of was when Dana won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1998
She was born a boy... Pretty smashing, right?

~click and play~
But that didn't help me a bit on how to let Broes go to Israel...
The guy sells milking devices to cow farms. How hard could I make it for myself?
And so I decided to stay home, in the Netherlands for another week! :)

 
Another week went by and another card arrived. Broes is so happy with Emily’s last card. 
She wants to meet again!

Well, he’s not going to let her have second thoughts about it and decides they need to go to dinner together so they can talk for a while.
But where to go? He doesn’t really like to eat meat himself, not that he’s a vegetarian but he just likes the cows and horses walking in the fields much better…
And what does Emily like to eat besides chocolate?

Looking at all the postcards from Emily and the places where he’s been in the past months he notices they haven’t been to the Middle East. It’s been a mess up there for years and he wouldn’t visit there soon without a very good reason so why not go to an Israeli restaurant. It’s not a place where he comes a lot but the idea of ‘glatt kosher’ seems nice.

Broes almost skips to the Post Office to mail his invitation. If only he knew where she was staying, he would just go there and take her somewhere by surprise…


 I know, I should do something about my terrible photographs or stop giving my cards 3D-elements so my scanner can handle them... (Any advice? Feel free to throw it in!!! :))
This card really has the most wonderful purple color!


The inside reads:

Dear Emily,
I would never leave you alone just like that!
Like I said before I'm truely interested and I can't wait to see your new hair-do. It sounds like a lot of fun!
I took the liberty to book a table for us next Saturday at a lovely Israeli restaurant where they play live music and serve delicious food.
I really hope you can let me know where you're staying now you're in the Netherlands for a while.
I only have your P.O.Box and I would love to pick you up this Saturday!
Otherwise I'll just have to wait patiently and hope you will show up...
Looking forward to see you again,
Broes
Restaurant Ha'Carmel, Amstelveenseweg 124 ~ 20.00h ~ March 24, 2012


Thanks for stopping by, I love reading all your wonderful comments on my cards and story!
Don't forget to leave your love at all the other world-travellers!!! 

Edit:
Look what Picasa can do to my photo!!! Thanks Margaret!!!